A Guide for Tinder




Good Morning,
 My boyfriend and I were hanging out with our friends a few nights ago and they were all discussing their new Tinder accounts that they recently set up. They were saying how it's a different way of meeting people because you set it up based on age and radius. It's like speed dating, but you don't really get to speak to them. As I was going through their Tinder with them and hitting "like" and "dislike" and the rare "super like" which you only get once a day if you don't pay for it, it felt like a game.
As a girl who doesn't have a Tinder who is looking at other girl's Tinder with my guy friends and knowing what they are looking for I felt there was a need for a general guide, especially since there are fake accounts on there!

Picture Guidelines:
1. A good selfie.
2. An entire picture of you dressed well. (casual or formal, it doesn't matter)
3. You with your friends or family.
4. You being active or doing something.
5. Wild card (whatever you feel represents you or a pet, etc.) 


 I know, why take advice from a girl who doesn't have a Tinder and is not single? Well I sat on Tinder with my friends for quite some time and I realized a pattern... not knowing what to put on Tinder. From bad quality photos to pictures with other guys to bad bios/no bios, and to even only group pictures where it's like which girl is it...I was beyond confused. I feel that in the midst of creating the account it can get overwhelming.  My guy friends were on this app not looking for hookups or "netflix and chilling", but to have a general good time with someone/to go on a date or even to talk to and see where things go. After falling for many "fake" accounts that only have three photos that are selfies are always active for 0 minutes (since their accounts never go offline) and they message you asking about your favorite sex position. I was like there has to be a way to find some good girls on here. The ones that I saw who generally had the same interest as my friends typically had slightly followed the picture guidelines that I stated above and or had really great bios, but some did not which then got a dislike.
 I helped my friends with their bios and we had a full discussion that it's better to talk to someone and have them write their bios with you because when you are writing about yourself you tend to overthink it. This app is basically a chopping block and if you don't have a general idea of a person and you find nothing is attractive about them(personality or appearance), off you go. My friends who want to genuinely meet nice women within their radius did like girls based off of their bios if they were clever, witty, funny, or felt relatable. So my suggestion is that you sit down with your friends (the supportive ones) and create/update your Tinder profile. Follow the picture guideline and have them help write your bios! Good Luck! :) xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flamboyage

Pureology Curl Complete | Product Review