Flamboyage

I had a girl come into my school who had a 2 inch regrowth of level 3 and then the hair shaft was what you see on the left, which since I use Goldwell in my school I matched it to 5NBP (5 Neutral Beige Pearl) or light brown reflecting opal. She wanted a flamboyage which is an ombrĂ© with a balayage. So the first step I did was for the regrowth I mixed 60mls of 20 volume and 60 mls of 5NBP (Goldwell uses a 1:1 ratio). I applied it to the regrowth area and let it process for 20 minutes. I then brought the color halfway down the shaft to refresh the color and let that process for about 10 minutes. After rinsing and washing the color away, I had to roughly dry the hair 80-90%. I took horizontal partings in the back and did subsections vertically where I lightly teased and applied BW2 lightener. Slowly as I got to the top most horizontal sections and I started to balayage higher and higher. I did the same thing as I got to the front, but I did diagonal partings toward the face since she wanted it blonder there. I lifter her until she was about a level 7. After shampooing, I toned her with Goldwell 8BG and let that process for 10 minutes. After the blow out, the photo on the right was the end result. I LOVED it! The end result looked so good that the picture doesn't even do it justice. 




Have you ever done a Flamboyage? What color line to you use? 
What technique do you use?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: The Nudes & Master Conceal Maybelline New York

DevaCurl | Product Review