Shea Moisture Product Review


For the past month and a half I have been using some Shea Moisture products that I have been wanting to share with you guys, but it's been hard to figure out where I stand with them. I feel that I am never 100% happy with products that I am using and sometimes I think it could just be because I have curly hair. I always feel that there is something that could be improved to make my hair the way I want it to be. All I am asking for is my hair to be hydrated, voluminous, bouncy, soft, and frizz-free with some control/manageability. Does that seem to be a lot? I don't feel that it should be considered a lot when typically the things I'm describing are related to each other. Yet I can't find really anything to that satisfies me 100%. *sad face*
Anyway, leading up to my product review...
I used three Shea Moisture products: Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner, Curl Enhancing Smoothie, & Curling Gel Soufflé.




    1. Curl & Shine Conditioner      $9.99
      I liked this conditioner a lot. It smelled nice (like coconut) and it was hydrating. The only thing that I want to say is that this is a conditioner that is used daily so it does not penetrate deep into the hair cuticle, meaning it doesn't keep my hair hydrated for more than one day.



    2. Curl Enhancing Smoothie           $11.99
      I LOVE this stuff! I still have a lot because I don't like to use too much (I use about a nickel to quarter size amount). It is hydrating and smooths the hair shaft making my hair soft. This product also smells really good and a little goes a long way. I would buy this product again.



    3. Curling Gel Soufflé       $11.99
      This product is used to hold the curls shape and it is nice, but it's not a strong hold. I felt that my curls shape wouldn't last all day and or it'd start to get frizzy. This is made with agave nectar so the product feels grainy and sticky in the tub, but once applied (if it's distributed correctly) you don't feel it when it's in your hair. It is also very liquidity and for it to be in a tub like this makes you have to be super careful because clumsy me spilled part of the container all over when I was trying to use it. You cannot put this stuff close to your root, I can't really explain it, but I did it and it bothered me all day because it felt gross. Although there were some negatives to this product, I do have to say that for this product being all natural that it was a good product! I have tried other products that were "all natural" and "organic" and I felt the products did absolutely nothing, this product on the other hand did partially of what it said it'd do. It could also just be the thickness and texture of my hair that it didn't work to its full potential.


      I realized that at the end of this post I forgot to include a very important factor on these products!
      There are no parabens, no phthalates, no paraffin, no formaldehyde, no propylene glycol, no mineral oil, no synthetic fragrance, no petrolatum, no synthetic color, no DEA and no animal testing.

      Let me know if this review helped you in anyway because I'd love to know! Let me know what YOU thought about these products or a different Shea Moisture product. & Finally, recommend me some curly hair products that you enjoy. xx

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Flamboyage

    Pureology Curl Complete | Product Review

    A Guide for Tinder