DevaCurl | Product Review

Good Morning! About a month ago I finally decided to purchase DevaCurl products to try. So I spent about $40 on this set which includes an 8oz bottle of No-Poo, 8oz Bottle of One Condition, 8oz of Ultra Defining Gel, 3oz of Spray Gel, and 3 oz of Styling Cream. It was a pretty good deal so I can get an idea of their products. 
I have 3B curls, if you are unsure of what kind of curls you have you could go take this test on Naturally Curly
1. DevaCurl No-Poo 
I give this product a four out of five stars. It is a no lather shampoo and I am fine with the no lather as long as my scalp feels clean afterwards, which it did. I do like the smell of this product as it has a fresh and clean scent. The reason I don't give this a five out of five stars is because I don't feel that I can only use this shampoo. It is good for a freshen up in between washes, but I do feel that I get product build up faster since I use creamy products. So I need to keep a deeper cleanser on hand. 
2. DevaCurl One Condition 
Ugh! As much as I want to give this a good rating, I can't. :( This conditioner is good as a detangler, but it doesn't hydrate my hair enough. I give this a three out of five stars. As I said before I like the scent and it does provide a good slip for detangling. My hair is typically really dry so I like products with a lot of hydration and this product did not give me enough. This makes me think I should try DevaCurl Decadence. 
3. Ultra Defining Gel 
Four out of five stars. I really like that DevaCurl products do not contain harmful ingredients and typically gels usually have very drying ingredients in them. I like this gel for scrunching purposes and giving my hair a hold without the crunch! 
4. Spray Gel
Five out of five stars. I feel the same way about this product as I did about the Ultra Defining Gel except I love that it's a spray gel! It was great I would spray it on areas I knew needed additional hold and I would use it when my hair need a refresher. 
5. Styling Cream
Three out of five stars. The product smells nice just like the others, but I felt that it didn't have enough control for my hair. It had a nice consistency and I like the idea it came out of a pump instead of having to scoop it out of a jar, but it took so long to get enough in my hand for my hair.

This is just my honest opinion of these products. If my feelings change, I will come back and edit my review. Thank you! Please let me know below if you have tried these products and how you feel about them or if you have any tips or tricks! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flamboyage

Pureology Curl Complete | Product Review

A Guide for Tinder